Hello, my name is Alyson. I am passionate about music, singing and its healing powers, and making a difference to people’s lives. When I saw a Kiddleydivey lively, therapeutic music session in action, it was a very easy decision to buy the franchise for my area. I have been bringing Kiddleydivey sessions to care homes and community settings in Bath, Chippenham, Swindon and Surrounds since November 2016 with amazing results!
Why choose Kiddleydivey?
Kiddleydivey has been providing therapeutic music sessions for the elderly and vulnerable since 1996. Sessions have been carefully devised and researched by a music therapist and doctor of musicology to promote the best possible outcomes for residents using carefully edited songs from many different eras. Movements are chosen to be appropriate for the residents.
What happens in a session?
You will see the following in these lively sessions:
- Singing and dancing are encouraged (where appropriate, or chair based dancing/movements)
- The use of stimulating and exciting props and musical instruments
- A new theme every visit – including songs from the musicals, Easter, Christmas, Queens Birthday, etc. We can also tailor a theme for you
- Reminiscence using props for discussion when appropriate
- Gentle exercise – movement is encouraged even if slightly, but ‘disguised’ within the session
- Fun and laughter are a huge part of what we do
What benefits do the sessions bring?
The benefits you will get with a Kiddleydivey session can be quite astonishing and include:
- Those who can no longer hold conversation may be able to sing whole songs
- Those who are introverted, joining in to interact
- Positive changes in mood and emotional states
- Improved memory function
- Increased mobility
- Opportunities to interact socially
- Non pharmacological management of pain and discomfort
Where do you operate?
I cover the following areas:
Bath (BA1 and BA2) Bradford on Avon, Calne, Chippenham, Corsham, Devizes, Malmesbury, Marlborough, Melksham, Royal Wootton Bassett, Swindon, Trowbridge, Wroughton and all places inbetween.
How do I book a free taster session? If you are a care home, community group, hospital or specialist facility, please give me a call on 07711965641 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a FREE TASTER SESSION.