Meet your Music Leader
Intergenerational || Additional needs || Adults || Children
Hi, my name is Meina.
What a joy to be given the privilege to work with my 2 favourite groups of people; children and adults.
Since starting in December 2016, I build a steady group of clients whose residents have benefited from the fun active gentle exercise using props and music which are both therapeutic and engaging.
If you would like to find out more or book your £30.00 taster, call me on 07909122633 or email email@example.com.
Music for Adults
Kiddleydivey uses –
- Acapella singing, clapping – using constantly changing rhythmic patterns and, drum circles that challenge the brain and keep everyone engaged and motivated for longer.
- Physical activities (we incorporate chair based exercises in all our sessions at whatever level is appropriate) which lead to improved mobility and strength, better sleep, preserved cognitive functioning, decreased depression and stronger feelings of self-efficacy and personal control.
- Themes – to help spark interest, stimulation and conversations.
- Visual stimulation and props that help people to engage with the group process and encourage movement and participation. We use hats, pompoms, bubbles, hoops, feathers, bass drums, stress balls and parachutes, to name a few!
- Quiz questions (if appropriate) to activate mind and memory using props and photographs to help with the answers! If questions are too challenging, the Kiddleydivey leader will adapt and use statements and photographs.
- Assorted styles and genres of music. Obviously, we can’t please everyone all the time, but the library of music and songs we use is huge and grows every day. Songs from the 1920’s up to present day hits for our younger clients, as well as big band numbers, jazz and classical music.
- Adaptation. The songs and music Kiddleydivey use have been specially adapted and cut so that certain verses that are not well known are left out, long introductions are shortened, popular choruses are repeated, and the key and tempo of the songs are sometimes changed to reflect the singing abilities of the clients.
- Professional instruments. The instruments that we encourage everyone to use are professional percussion instruments. We have appropriate sizes and weights of instruments to suit ranges of abilities and strengths as well as instruments that uses Velcro to strap on, when holding an instrument isn’t possible.
- Appropriate touch. A very basic need that is sometimes overlooked. Kiddleydivey leaders will hold or perhaps stroke people’s hands where appropriate to encourage engagement and participation and welcome people to the group. Dancing is strongly encouraged too if able.
Music for Children
Following guidelines set out in the EYFS Curriculum, Kiddleydivey uses music to create themed educational activities designed to promote the individual development of the children.
The structure and repetition within the sessions and working as a group can help to develop their confidence, coordination, language, musical, mathematical and social skills, allowing even the most hesitant child to blossom.
Sessions are fun, active and vibrant! Singing, dancing, wiggling, playing percussion instruments, jumping in the bubbles, using props like the parachute, moving in time to the music, echoing musical patterns, rhythms and melodies will help to enhance their overall development.
|“Kiddleydivey came to Foxbridge House where I am Linnie, the Activities Co-ordinator.
I love Kiddleydivey because they understand dementia and are great. They are not afraid to interact with the residents. They treat them kindly, with respect and dignity.
Kiddleydivey are very good with their time. They are friendly and the therapeutic session is always to suit the residents.”
I run Kiddleydivey sessions in and around Bromley, Bexley, Dartford & Sevenoaks and am also delighted to visit customers who live in towns and villages around Tandridge too. If you are in any doubt or your location is not listed, please feel free to contact me or email Kiddleydivey UK at info@Kiddleydivey.co.uk.
If you would like to find out more or book your free taster, call me on 07909122633, email firstname.lastname@example.org or please complete the form below:
“THE WORLD IS NOT DANGEROUS BECAUSE OF THOSE WHO DO HARM BUT
BECAUSE OF THOSE WHO LOOK AT IT WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING.”
Region || London & South East
Area 2 || Bexley, Welling & Erith
Postcodes covered || DA16-DA18 || DA5-DA8
Area 1 || Bromley, Orpington & Sidcup
Postcodes covered BR1-BR7 || DA14-DA15
Area 3 || Dartford, Swanley & Gravesend
Postcodes covered BR8 || DA1-DA4 || DA9-DA13
Area 4 || Sevenoaks, Godstone & Edenbridge
Postcodes covered RH8-RH9 || TN8 || TN11 || TN13-TN16
Phone: 07909 122633
Need to get in touch?
Connecting generations through music
Accessing new pathways through music
Sharing music, spanning generations
Early years education through music